Wednesday, February 17, 2010

six.

Stumbling around several "fan pages" on facebook, I couldn't help but notice that every other one I found involved a list of things that one gender felt the other should know in order to be more successful in a relationship. Truth be told: I hope that whoever I date, never reads those lists. I want the man who will hold my heart to be the type to care enough to ask me how to be there for me when i'm upset.. I don't want a guy to call me every single night because he has to, but because he feels compelled to. I never want a love who kisses me mid-fight, I want him to listen, learn, and help me to fix what has been broken. I would hate to have a love who tells me I'm beautiful when I'm not, instead, I want a man who believes I am for reasons other than appearance. If ever a day arrives where a guy makes me laugh because it's his job, I will be devastated. Make me laugh because you're in love with my smile. Don't drag yourself into being places you don't want to simply because I do.. I never want a guy who compromises himself and his interests to appear more perfect. The guy, the one out there for me, he's perfect the way he is. And if he doesn't like chick flicks, butter on his popcorn or my "do-it-myself" attitude, then there will be plenty of other things we can share, and new things we can love to do together. I never want to find myself with someone who tells me the things that make me melt. I don't want those little lines spoon fed to me that make me believe the person I am with is forever. I don't want to love a lie. Someday I'll find a love who tells me when I'm wrong, stands up to my assertiveness, and sees through my sarcasm. And this love out there, will never do these things because he read this, and molded himself to fit who I need.. the person I'll love is already my match, already my mold, already out there.. waiting. Waiting for our paths to cross. There are no prerequisites to relationships.. no step-by-step itineraries, no telling your significant other what they want to hear because you think it sounds nice. Just Love. There is nothing else required..

Why is that so difficult?
Why do people feel like if someone just does the right things at the right times, their relationship will be the most successful thing to ever grace this planet?
Screw that!

I want to fight
I want to learn
I want to push
I want to be challenged
I want to struggle
I want to argue
I want to be honest

Because when all is said and done, I know that me and him (where ever he may be) will be strong TOGETHER. Not in spite of each other.

When I find love, I want to find a love that lasts, a life together for forever. When I find love, I'll know when I know him. When I find love, nothing will be able to destroy it. When I find love, we'll both be ready.

I know that every day will not be a happy one, but it will last until ever after..

No comments:

Post a Comment